White Elephants contests

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time to Exhale and let go (of stuff that is)

We are starting the count down to the busy season.  Haley's birthday, Braylon's birthday, parents coming into town, sunday school class supper club, Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Just call us the party house!

However....my house is no where near ready to be seen by the public, and we have way to much stuff and not enough space.  Our main problem, although I don't think we would ever admit it in public is that we are hoarders.  Not hardcore like the lady who appeared on Oprah, but we have our fair share of things that we don't need, but think one day we might.  For instance my current collection lone earrings..I don't even wear earrings that often because my ears are very sensative, although I feel I need to hold onto the lonely ones without mates in hopes one day I will find them.

We also have a collection of college textbooks and papers.  It's been how long now since we entered the real world...?  I don't think our current or future employers will be wanting to know what I thought about early American cave paintings and how my professor swore up and down that something was a dog when it clearly was a cat.

So simplify we must.  I do warn you, that if you walk into my house or talk to me anytime before  Haley's birthday party and I look a little frazzled the chances are that I might be losing the battle to let go.  I wish I had the courage to show some before pictures...but I don't want to scare you.

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Visiting from the Sunday Stroll Blog Hop! I will be your #2 follower momentarily. Blog Hops are a great way to meet so many great bloggers, join a few and you will have lots of followers/friends in no time!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveing the blog Lynn! :D When get it all together and start makeing stuff Im sending you some stuff to review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all for simple living! I am now following you, follow back please!

    http://questfortheperfectclothdiaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking part in Sunday Show and Tell. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to SST!
    New follower here!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on one of the Sunday Follows. I'm your newest follower on your super awesome blog! I'll be back (in my best Arnold voice).

    KyAnn

    http://checketts-myers-clan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog!! I am now a new follower!! Nicole @ colieskitchen.com Relax and Surf Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete