White Elephants contests

Friday, April 29, 2011

Preparing for the flats challenge!

I want to say first that this challenge was something I have always wanted to try, and am so glad I am getting the opportunity to do it and to help anyone else who might want to try as well.  I will be using only flat diapers for a whole week and will be hand washing and hang drying the diapers during that time (no machine!)  I decided to take the challenge because we love to go camping and have contemplated how it would be possible for anything longer than a weekend.  This will give me the ability to perfect my techniques for the week of July 4th where we will be camping out all week!

I have been busy trying out different folds for the diapers this week...and have perfected the origami fold!  It still takes me a little extra time to fold them right but I have started folding them as soon as they are dry so that they are ready to go when I need them.
Origami fold video by Dirty Diaper Laundry

The next fold I am intrigued by and will be working on the next few days is the kite fold
Kite fold video by Dirty Diaper Laundry

Next week I will be looking for a wash bucket so I can wash them while I am camping.  I want to make sure I am doing it the way I would be while camping so that I truely know what to expect.  (which means I will be boiling the water to wash the diapers in!)

I will be doing videos and pictures of my struggles and successes during the week of the challenge May 23-30 and anyone who would like to participate can.  




No comments:

Post a Comment